Saturday, March 1, 2008

Paper Quilt


Among the many things I have been working on in the past few weeks are paper quilts. I got the idea form an article in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, and from Beryl Taylor's book. I have done several, using muslin as a base, and also scrim as a base. This one, called Spring, has muslin as a base, then adding magazine photos and pieces of text, before adding a layer of a decorated floral napkin and painting it green. I also stamped a bit and added some embellishments. This one feels more like paper than fabric, however the others I made feel more like an embellished piece of cloth. I guess it is a matter or how much glue one uses as well as how thick the paint is. I have another that I will post in a day or so. These are really fun to make and embellish.

No comments: